In order to switch to another Minecraft version, you have to install the Minecraft version with the Minecraft Launcher first
- Exit the Modinstaller and Minecraft
- Start the Minecraft Launcher
- Click at lower left on "Edit Profile"
- Please choose "Use version" "release X.X.X" (e.g. "release 1.7.10") in the Profile Editor ("Version Selection")
- Save your change by clicking on "Save Profile" (at lower right)
- Click on "Play" and WAIT until Minecraft has downloaded all required files and has started completely
- Close Minecraft again
When Minecraft has installed the new version, just start the Modinstaller. Than you will be asked, which Minecraft version you would like to modify. Choose the Minecraft version you have installed recently. The Modinstaller recommends some mods that are compatible with the new version. Often you will find more mods in the Forge mode.
In addition you will be able to switch to other Minecraft versions (on condition you have installed them already), if you click top right on the dropdown list
on the Installers´ main menu. The Installer only offers Mods for Minecraft versions that are available on your pc and our servers.